ERRC Seeks Financial Officer
15 May 2015
The ERRC is a public interest law organisation that defends the human rights of Roma throughout Europe and serves as a legal resource centre for advocates working in this field since 1996. The ERRC pursues its objectives by engaging in legal representation, research, monitoring and reporting, human rights education and international advocacy. The ERRC operations are primarily funded by strictly regulated donations, requiring timely and detailed reporting and control.
Purpose of the post:
The Financial Officer handles financial matters related to projects, including project budget proposals and project financial reporting. S/he supports financial reporting towards management, board of directors, and project donors. S/he ensures compliance with project donor conditions and Hungarian financial regulations.
- Preparing project budgets in close cooperation with Department Directors and Finance Director
- Ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting on projects run by ERRC
- Ongoing Controlling and assessing project expenditure against budgets, preparation of quarterly forecasts.
- Extracting and copying financial receipts required for project donor reporting
- Maintaining regular communication with project partners concerning finances
- Providing project reports for auditing procedures and liaise with auditors as required
- Supporting external accountants in maintaining a general ledger with sufficient cost center coding to enable necessary project, donor, ERRC and Hungarian regulation reporting.
- Helping operational staff members in understanding their budgets, and making payments, advances to consultants, service providers.
- Maintaining a filing system with original employment/service/consultants contracts, and ensuring all related documents are obtained (tax resident certificates, etc.)
- Contributing to the preparation for the annual audit
- Maintaining record of leave time for all employees
- Taking over accounting tasks of other Finance staff at times of his/her absence
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Finance Director
- Degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- At least 5 years’ experience in business planning, budgeting and reporting in an international organisation. (Experience in Project Fund/Foundation accounting an advantage)
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Advanced English both written and spoken.
- Advanced user abilities with Excel are a must. (other Microsoft programs an advantage)
- Familiarity with working in the Hungarian financial/tax environment.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a Motivation letter, Detailed CV in English and Hungarian, together with reference contact details for two present or former employers (from immediate supervisor), to:
Hajnalka Nemeth, Office and Operations Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, 19th June 2015; applications received after this deadline will not be considered. Short-listed applicants will be notified within one week of the deadline; applicants who are not shortlisted will not be contacted.
The ERRC is committed to equal opportunity for all. Romani candidates are particularly encouraged to apply for this position.